Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Rorrer Family Christmas Letter 2009

Every year I write a Christmas letter to include in our cards. I like to take the time to reflect on the year and let everyone know a little about each person in our family. I can't possibly fit everything on one page, but I try to highlight the big stuff. I thought I would post our 2009 letter for all of you to read.

Dear Family and Friends,

We hope this letter finds you all happy and healthy. We can hardly believe that 2009 is coming to a close. The Lord has blessed our family in many special ways this year and we look forward to the blessings ahead in 2010.

Lydia is still growing and as sweet as ever. She had her first dance recital this year and she was the cutest bumblebee to grace the stage. She is now in her 2nd year of dance, preschool, and Awanas. She has worked hard on her part for the Christmas play this year as well. She’ll be singing her very own solo and we are very proud.

Robert is still shift manager at Unifi and we are thankful that he has a good job in these uncertain times. He is a wonderful father and husband. Robert is very supportive of everything we do; Lydia and I are proud to be “his girls.”

I just finished up my internship at Dudley High School and the last semester of school work before student teaching. I have enjoyed the transition from student to teacher. In January, I will be student teaching at Morehead High School. Our family is looking forward to graduation in May of 2010 and we are praying that I will find a job within the county.

This year has been a great one, filled with lots of fun and excitement. We keep a busy schedule and always seem to find ourselves involved in something. In the coming year, be sure to pick up a copy of Eden’s Own Journal and read my column that appears every two weeks. And for those of you who live out of town, but are computer savvy, visit my blog and read about all the things going on in our family. The web address is www.runningwrite.blogspot.com.

We hope each of you enjoy the special time of Christmas. We are learning more every day that family and friends are our greatest blessings, so we want to tell each of you, those near and far, that you are loved and dear to our hearts. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Love,
The Rorrers
Robert, Amanda, Lydia
Lil Bit and Sophie, too

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope this is the best Christmas ever. Love your blog. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete