Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lydia Loves Animals


Last week, Lydia and I visited the Humane Society. I love taking her there because she loves to visit the animals and it is good for the dogs to come in contact with children. When we visit, I know that she is learning valuable lessons. She has many questions and I can't provide her an answer to some of her questions like, "Why don't these dogs have a home?" and "Why don't some people take care of their animals?" I tell her that these animals are the lucky ones; these are the animals that have a chance and will eventually have a home. Until the volunteers who dedicate their time and energy can find them a home, we can visit and play and LOVE the animals. There are many things that I want my daughter to learn in life, but one of the things I think is most important is to treat all animals with kindness and love.

“We find a delight in the beauty and happiness of children, that makes the heart too big for the body”
~Ralh Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: Zack, the rat terrier pictured above has found a home! A couple saw his picture and bio in Eden's Own Journal and fell in love with him. He now has loving owners and two other rat terriers to play with!

    ReplyDelete